MediaTek Dimensity 7050 to Power Next-Gen 5G Smartphone in India
The chip is designed to provide gamers the edge with MediaTek HyperEngine gaming enhancements, to capture high quality pictures with its advanced Imagiq camera technologies, and powerful MiraVision 4K HDR video processing for streamers.
MediaTek, the world’s leading fabless semiconductor company powering nearly 2 billion connected devices a year, announced the launch of MediaTek Dimensity 7050. The chip is designed to provide gamers the edge with MediaTek HyperEngine gaming enhancements, to capture high quality pictures with its advanced Imagiq camera technologies, and powerful MiraVision 4K HDR video processing for streamers. Lava becomes India’s first OEM to collaborate with MediaTek to power upcoming Lava Agni 2 5G featuring MediaTek Dimensity 7050 chip among others.
With advanced 5G integrated into this exceptionally power-efficient, 6nm-class chip and combined with MediaTek 5G UltraSave provides incredible performance that lasts longer than ever. MediaTek Dimensity 7050 allows OEMs to create smartphones with greater CPU performance, low-power consumption, incredibly smooth gaming experience and allow the device makers to create attractive, slim and light 5G smartphones.
“MediaTek has been collaborating with OEMs in India empowering incredible experiences supported by an extensive portfolio of smartphones and smart device technologies”, said Anku Jain, Managing Director, MediaTek India. “MediaTek Dimensity 7050 will allow OEMs to create exceptional smartphones with greater CPU performance, low-power, and incredibly smooth game experience.”
Key features of MediaTek Dimensity 7050 include:
- MediaTek HyperEngine: MediaTek Dimensity 7050 gives gamers intelligent performance and super-hotspot power saving, making every moment matter. With integrated 5G HSR mode the smartphone will actively search and connect to the lowest latency available cell tower to minimize online ping. The advanced networking engine with call and data concurrency that allows gamers to keep a 5G data connection open and uninterrupted for their game, while simultaneously accepting a call on the second SIM.
- Fast speeds, smoother games: The Arm Mali-G68 graphics engine and the octa-core CPU featuring two Arm Cortex-A78 processors clocked up to 2.6GHz provide superior performance, rapid App response, and smooth gaming, extending battery life for longer gaming sessions.
- 200MP photos & 4K HDR video: Support for 200MP main cameras and a multitude of hardware-based camera engines and premium noise reduction techniques built into the chip deliver bigger, brighter, sharper snaps. The dedicated 4K HDR video capture engine can record and stream video that’s bright and sharp in all lighting conditions under minimal battery usage. MediaTek APU 550 allows several AI-camera enhancements.
- MediaTek MiraVision display & video enhancements: The chipset employs full HD+ displays up to 120Hz. MediaTek Intelligent Refresh Rate Display technology allows brands to provide all the user experience benefits of super-fast refresh rate displays.
- Wi-Fi 6: Wi-Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO affords faster, more reliable internet connections. Integrated into the chip along with Bluetooth 5 and GNSS, the wireless connectivity is more power-efficient than other external chip solutions.
- Fast & efficient 5G: Faster 5G Carrier Aggregation (2CC-CA) with mixed duplex FDD+TDD makes use of both low and mid-band for higher speeds, greater reach, and a seamless handover between two 5G connection areas across a coverage layer, where users receive over 30% greater throughput layer coverage than without CA.
- MediaTek 5G UltraSave, dual 5G SIM: The advanced 5G modem, which is fully integrated into this ultra-efficient TSMC N6 (6nm-class) chip, in combination with MediaTek 5G UltraSave, brings even more 5G power-savings to the chip. Dimensity 7050 gives users more choice with dual 5G SIM (SA+SA) with support for premium VoNR voice and video call services from both connections.
- AI for next-gen cameras: A dedicated, multi-core AI processing unit allows cool camera tricks like soft background (AI-bokeh) and selective focus from a single camera – ideal for selfie vlogs and streams.
As a market leader in advanced technologies, MediaTek’s prowess in the smart device ecosystem, also a frontrunner in the 5G arena, with the Dimensity family of 5G chipsets aimed at smartphones across flagship, premium, and mainstream segments. MediaTek commitment towards innovation has propelled to become a driving force in various key technology areas, including power-efficient mobile technologies, automotive solutions, and advanced multimedia products such as smartphones, tablets, digital televisions, smart speakers, and wearables.