Barracuda Networks, Inc., a leading provider of cloud-delivered security and data protection solutions announced expanded public cloud security solutions leadership through its network and application security business. Over the past four consecutive quarters, Barracuda exceeded more than 200 net new customer public cloud deployments per quarter, including Barracuda CloudGen Firewall and CloudGen WAF solution deployments. Barracuda customers consumed more than 3 million Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) hours annually on Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) combined. Additionally, Barracuda CloudGen Firewall net bookings grew 57 percent year-over-year for the second quarter fiscal 2019 that ended August 31, 2018. CloudGen Firewall bookings through its MSP business grew 173 percent over the same period.
“Protecting customers’ public cloud deployments is part of our vision to provide the best protection to our customers that range from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies.” said BJ Jenkins, President and CEO of Barracuda. “We’ve made a deep investment in public cloud security solutions that fit cloud-connected customers’ evolving needs and are optimistic about the continued growth in our network and application security business.”
Recent Fiscal Year 2019 Highlights:
Barracuda Business Growth:
- Barracuda exceeds more than 200 net new public cloud customer deployments per quarter, consecutively over the past four fiscal quarters.
- Annually, Barracuda customers consumed more than 3 million PAYG hours on Microsoft Azure and AWS combined.
- Product bookings grew 57 percent year-over-year for Barracuda CloudGen Firewall, including growth of 173 percent though Barracuda’s MSP business.
- New customers choosing Barracuda CloudGen Firewall and WAF solutions include Scandinavian Airlines, NTT Data Corporation, H. Essers a Global Transport Company, and Rose Metal Systems.
- Barracuda CloudGen WAF is now available for Google Cloud Platform (GCP). Customers can migrate their existing applications while maintaining consistency and control by reusing existing Barracuda configurations and security policies for an easier experience.
- New Barracuda WAF-as-a-Service, launched in May 2018, is a cloud-delivered service thatsimplifies the way application security is deployed and managed without compromising on security controls or effectiveness.
- Seven Barracuda integrations were featured at Microsoft Ignite 2018, including Azure Virtual WAN support and Microsoft Firewall management.
- Awarded three gold competencies by Microsoft including Gold Cloud Developer, Gold Cloud Platform, and Gold ISV.
- Seven Barracuda solutions are rated Microsoft Preferred in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
- Barracuda is an AWS Partner Network (APN) Advanced Technology Partner with AWS security competency certifications for Barracuda CloudGen Firewall and CloudGen WAF.
- Barracuda CloudGen Firewall included in the inaugural “Gartner Peer Insights: Voice of the Customer: Enterprise Network Firewalls Market” note with the highest customer rating in five of the six featured categories, including Overall Customer Rating (4.67 out of 5).
- Barracuda CloudGen WAF recognized as a Challenger in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Application Firewalls.
- Barracuda CloudGen Firewall achieved a Recommended Rating by NSS Labs in their 2018 Next Generation Firewall Group Test.
- Barracuda CloudGen WAF named a Strong Performer in “The Forrester Wave™: Web Application Firewalls, Q2 2018.”
- Barracuda featured in the 2018 CRN Cloud Partner Program Guide, based upon unique partner program benefits that deliver cloud infrastructure or applications.