The outbreak of a mysterious new CoronaVirus is rapidly spreading. The whole world is going through the fear of this Corona Virus, the Research Councils under the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India have issued advisory based on the Indian traditional medicine practices Ayurveda, Homeopathy and Unani.
As per the Ayurverdic Practices the following Preventive Management Steps are suggested.
• Maintain personal hygiene.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available.
• Drink Shadang Paniya (Musta, Parpat, Usheer, Chandan,Udeechya & Nagar) processed water (10 gm powder boiled in 1-liter water, until it reduces to half). Store it in a bottle and drink it when thirsty.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home when you are sick.
• Cover your face during cough or sneeze and wash your hands after coughing or sneezing.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Preferably, use an N95 mask while traveling or working in public places to avoid droplet transmission
• If you suspect Corona Viral infection, wear a mask and contact your nearest hospital immediately.
Prophylactic Measures/Immunomodulatory drugs as per the Ayurvedic practices.
• Measures shall be taken to strengthen the immune system through a healthy diet and lifestyle practices.
• Agastya Harityaki 5 gm, twice a day with warm water.
• Samshamani Vati 500 mg twice a day.
• Trikatu(Pippali, Marich & Shunthi) powder 5 gm and Tulasi 3-5 leaves (boiled in 1-litre water, until it reduces to ½ liter and keeps it in a bottle) keep taking it in sips as and when required.
• Pratimarsa Nasya: Instill two drops of Anu taila/Sesame oil in each nostril daily in the morning.
* This advocacy is for information only and shall be adopted in consultation with registered Ayurveda practitioners only.
At the instance of Ministry of AYUSH, Central Council for Research in Homoeopathy(CCRH) discussed the ways and means of prevention of Coronavirus infection throughHomoeopathy in 64th meeting of its Scientific Advisory Board on 28th January 2020. The Group of Expertsinter-alia has recommended that homoeopathy medicine Arsenicum album30 could betaken as prophylactic medicine against Coronavirus infections, which has also beenadvised for prevention of ILI.It has recommended one doze of Arsenicum album 30, daily in empty stomach for threedays. The dose should be repeated after one month by following the same schedule incase Coronavirus infections prevail in the community. The Expert Group has furthersuggested that general hygienic measures for prevention of air-borne infectionssuggested by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India, for prevention ofthe disease should also be followed by the public.
Unani Medicines useful in symptomatic management of Corona Virus infection
1. SharbatUnnab 10-20ml twice a day
2. TiryaqArba 3-5g twice a day
3. TiryaqNazla 5g twice a day
4. KhamiraMarwareed 3-5g once a day
5. Massage on scalp and chest with RoghanBaboona/ Roghan Mom/ Kafoori Balm
6. Apply RoghanBanafsha gently in the nostrils
7. Take ArqAjeeb 4-8 drops in fresh water and use four times a day
8. In case of fever, take Habb e IkseerBukhar 2 pills with lukewarm water twice daily.
9. SharbatNazla 10ml mixed in 100ml of lukewarm water twice daily.
10. Qurs e Suaal 2 tablets to be chewed twice daily
11. Arq extracted from following single Unani drugs along with SharbatKhaksi is very useful:
|S.No.||Name of Unani Drug||Common Name||Botanical Name|
|Chiraita||Indian Gentian||Swertiachirata Karst|
|Kasni||Common chicory||Cichoriumintybus Linn.|
|Afsanteen||Common sagewort||Artemisia absinthium Linn.|
|Gaozaban||Borage||Borage officinalis Linn.|
|Neem Bark||Margosa||Azadirachtaindica A. Juss.|
|SaadKoofi||Cypriol||Cyperusscariosus R. Br.|
12. Decoction of the following single Unani drugs can be used:
|S.No.||Name of Unani Drug||Common Name||Botanical Name||Quantity|
|Unnab||Jujubi||Zizyphus Jujube Linn.||7nos|
|Sapistan||Assyrian Plum||CordiaMyxa Linn.||7nos|
|Banafsha||Sweet Violet||Viola Odorata Linn.||5gm|
13.In case of sore throat use decoction of the following Unani drugs:
|S.No.||Name of Unani drug||Botanical name||Quantity|
|Barg e Moard (Habbulaas)||Myrtuscommunis||12g|
|Tukhm e kahuMukashar||Lactuca Sativa||12g|
As per recommendations of Unani physicians, easily digestible, light and soft diets are advised.