Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India (EDII), Ahmedabad was set up in 1983 as an autonomous and not-for-profit institute with the support of apex financial institutions – the IDBI Bank Ltd., IFCI Ltd., ICICI Bank Ltd. and State Bank of India (SBI). The Government of Gujarat pledged twenty-three acres of land on which stands the majestic and sprawling EDII campus. EDII is a National Resource Institute in the field of entrepreneurship education, research, policy advocacy, training, inclusive growth, startups & MSMEs training and institution-building. Its global, as well as PAN India presence, has ensured development on the fronts of entrepreneurship, startups and innovations across sectors and sections of people.
The Director General of EDII is Dr. Sunil Shukla. He is an acclaimed entrepreneurship exponent and a distinguished institution builder known for his innovative and impact-making interventions for the economic empowerment of society.
EDII at a Glance
- Ranked as Number 1 by Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) – 2021 in General (Non-Technical) Category. The only institute from Gujarat to be ranked as Number 1 across all seven categories.
- Pioneered the Entrepreneurship Development Programme (EDP) Model.
- Pioneer of Post Graduate and Doctoral Programmes in entrepreneurship in the country.
- Leading the world’s largest study in Entrepreneurship, ‘Global Entrepreneurship Monitor’ for its India chapter, since 2012.
- Works in the collaborative frame with State & National Government Departments & Ministries.
- Works/Worked with noted Corporates like Bayer Foundation, Tata Communications, Walmart, HP, Accenture, HCL, Facebook, HSBC, on CSR Projects.
- Alleviated urban and rural poverty and promoted sustainable development of MSMEs.
- Anchors the largest ever Village Entrepreneurship Programme in the country.
- Has set up Entrepreneurship Development Centres in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Vietnam, Uzbekistan & Rwanda.
- Trains between 80,000 to 1,00,000 potential entrepreneurs, annually, PAN India.
- Hosts the Technology Business Incubator, ‘Centre for Advancing & Launching Enterprises’ (CrAdLE) which is catalysed and supported by the National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB), DST, Govt. of India.
Two AICTE approved, full-time, two-year PG programmes of EDII include;
Post Graduate Diploma in Management-Entrepreneurship (PGDM-E)
- New Enterprise Creation specialization to develop first generation entrepreneurs.
- Family Business Management specialization to ensure sustenance and growth of family business by ensuring a 5-year growth cum diversification plan.
- Social Entrepreneurship Specialization to empower entrepreneurs who wish to combine commerce and social issues to improve people’s lives.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Venture Development (PGDM-IEV)
- Experiential learning through Technology based Incubator at EDII, the Centre for Advancing and Launching Enterprises (CrAdLE).
- Exposure to innovation and technology commercialization
EDII also offers Fellow Programme in Management (Doctoral Level) & Open Learning Programmes
For more information, contact:
Phone: 079 – 69104900 / 69104999
Mobile with Whatsapp: +91-98255 28918 / 75739 78985
Website: www.ediindia.ac.in; www.ediindia.org