With positive momentum during the month backed by favorable customer sentiment, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India (HMSI) today announced its sales numbers for the month of August 2023.
The total sales of Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India HMSI registered 3% growth with 4,77,590 units in August’23. This includes domestic sales of 4,51,200 units and exports of 26,390 units.
Key highlights of August 2023
- Corporate: HMSI introduced the revolutionary ‘Extended Warranty’ & ‘Extended Warranty Plus’ programs for its BigWing customers.
- Product: Taking forward the legacy of brand SP, HMSI launched the all new SP160. The company also launched OBD2 compliant 2023 Honda Livo, CD110 Dream Deluxe and Hornet 2.0.
- BigWing Network Expansion: Elevating the #GoRidin spirit, HMSI inaugurated BigWing in Surat (Gujarat), Bengaluru (Karnataka), Pathanamthitta (Kerala) & Contai (West Bengal).
- Road Safety: Expanding road safety awareness in India, HMSI conducted awareness campaigns in Vadodara (Gujarat), Jalandhar (Punjab), Kota (Rajasthan), Haridwar (Uttarakhand), Gobichettipalayam (Tamil Nadu), Jhansi (Uttar Pradesh), Nalbari (Assam) Patna (Bihar) and Angul (Odisha).
- Motorsports: Amidst the intense competition in Round 4 of the 2023 FIM Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC), the IDEMITSU Honda India Racing team secured 2 points at the Mandalika International Street Circuit in Indonesia.
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) is the wholly-owned subsidiary of Honda Motor Company, Japan – the World’s No.1 two-wheeler company. Commencing its Indian 2Wheeler operations in May 2001, Honda in the last two decades has grown to become India’s 2nd largest two-wheeler company with over 55 million happy customers. Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India, Private Limited (HMSI) is the wholly owned Indian subsidiary of Honda Motor Company, Limited, Japan. Founded in 1999, it was the fourth Honda automotive venture in India, after Kinetic Honda Motor Ltd (1984–1998), Hero Honda (1984–2011) and Honda Siel Cars India (1995–2012). HMSI was established in 1999 at Manesar, District Gurgaon, Haryana.