Declaring the measures Wednesday evening, Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte said markets and drug stores will be the main retailers to stay open in Italy.
The most recent limitations come as the infection loss of life flooded over 30% on Wednesday to more than 800 — the greatest every day hop since the beginning of the flare-up. Italy is as of now under a national lockdown confining residents' development and exercises until April 3.
Conte said the time had come to "go above and beyond" as he reported the conclusion of generally business and retail exercises with bars, eateries and excellence salons among those arranged to close. Open administrations stay set up and mechanical creation is permitted to proceed, on condition that organizations embrace wellbeing measures to secure laborers and forestall virus.
The head administrator said the world was watching to perceive how Italy, presently the nation most exceedingly awful hit by the infection outside China, reacts: "As of now the entire world is absolutely taking a gander at us for the quantities of the virus, they see a nation that is in trouble, however they additionally welcome us since we are indicating incredible severity and extraordinary obstruction," Conte said in a Facebook address.
"I have a profound conviction. I might want to impart it to you. Tomorrow not exclusively will they take a gander at us again and respect us, however they will accept us as a positive case of a nation that, because of its feeling of network, has figured out how to win its fight against this pandemic."
As of Wednesday evening, Italy recorded 12,462 affirmed instances of the infection, and 827 deaths, as indicated by the most recent figures from Johns Hopkins University and Italy's Civil Protection organization. The loss of life from the infection daily prior had been 631 individuals.