Most renewable energy projects in the country are being implemented by the private sector developers selected through transparent bidding process. The government has issued standard bidding guidelines to enable the distribution licensees to procure power at competitive rates in a cost-effective manner. In order to be competitive, developers are encouraged to deploy the most advanced technologies in these projects to tap maximum energy.
The state-wise and source-wise details of the projects implemented in various parts of the country during the last three years and the current year are given in the Annexure-I.
The year-wise details of funds allocated and released in the form of central financial assistance for the implementation of various renewable energy programs/ schemes during the last three years are given in Annexure-II.
Studies conducted by the National Institute of Wind Energy (NIWE) with foreign assistance during the last three years and the current year are given in Annexure-III.
The steps taken by the Government to incentivize renewable energy sector in the country inter alia, include the following: -
- Announcement of a target of installing 175 GW of renewable energy capacity by the year, 2022; Permitting Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) up to 100 percent under the automatic route.
- Waiver of Inter-State Transmission System (ISTS) charges and losses for inter-state sale of solar and wind power for projects to be commissioned up to December 2022.
- Notification of standard bidding guidelines to enable distribution licensee to procure solar and wind power at competitive rates in a cost-effective manner.
- Declaration of trajectory for Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) up to the year 2022.
- Implementation of Green Energy Corridor project to facilitate grid integration of large scale renewable energy capacity addition.
- Launching of New Schemes, such as, PM-KUSUM, solar rooftop phase II, 12000 MW CPSU scheme Phase II.
This information was provided by Minister of State (IC) New & Renewable Energy, Power and Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Mr. R.K. Singh, in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha.
‘Renewable Energy Projects’
|Source-wise and State-wise achievements made during the last three years and current year
(April 2016 to Oct 2019) (in MW)
|Waste to Energy||Total|
|10||Jammu & Kashmir||18.13||0||23.5||0||0||41.63|