Over 20 Lakh Sq.ft. space is expected to be freed/cleaned after disposal of scrap and other redundant material by Ministry of Heavy Industries (MHI) & its CPSEs and ABs which is 20% of the total targeted area under Special Campaign 3.0. Around 11 Lakh Sq.ft. area has already been freed. 35,648 physical files have been reviewed out of 73,980 files identified for review and 8,410 physical files have been weeded out. 3,949files have been closed out of 4,326 electronic files identified for closure. Revenue of Rs. 94 Lakh generated so far from the disposal of scrap under Special Campaign 3.0.
More than 460 Tweets have been posted so far on X (Formerly known as Twitter) by the official social media handle of the Ministry and its associated organisation to promote awareness of the campaign. The campaign is in full swing to achieve the targets set by the Ministry for the period.
As a unique initiative towards creating awareness about cleanliness for a Garbage-free India, around 150 selfie boothshave been installed at various locations across the country inviting people to take a selfie and share it on social media for the promotion of Special Campaign 3.0.
Ministry of Heavy Industries (MHI) has been conducting the Special Campaign 3.0 on Swachhta within the Ministry and across its Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and Autonomous Bodies (ABs) located in various parts of the country with full enthusiasm. Swachhata Drive is being organized across more than 520 sites across India.
The CPSEs / ABs under MHI are actively involved in cleanliness in their establishment i.e. corporate office, regional offices, manufacturing units / plants, project sites etc.
(Cleanliness drive at BHEL, EDN Bengaluru Unit)
Ms.Arti Bhatnagar, Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor, MHI recently visited the BHEL unit in Hyderabad. During her visit, she took part in a cleanliness activity, demonstrating her commitment to maintaining a clean and healthy environment. This initiative not only aligns with the Special Campaign 3.0 but also sets a strong example for others in the organization. Her participation underscored the importance of cleanliness and hygiene in industrial settings. It was indeed an inspiring gesture that left a lasting impact on all present at the event.
Shri Vijay Mittal, Joint Secretary, MHI participated in live panel discussion session on DD News on October 16, 2023 wherein he contributed with valuable insights and perspectives on the varioustopics under the campaign such as addressing pending matters, streamlining rules and processes, scrap disposal, improving records management, resolving public grievances, and enhancing workplace experiences in offices.
(A still from Live Panel Discussion)
(Panel Discussion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XULZs-Fqmps)
Further, some of the success stories and best practices adopted by the CPSEs / ABs under MHI during the Special Campaign 3.0 are as under:
- An initiative has been undertaken by Jhansi Unit of Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) for Jungle creation on Miyawaki model. A total of 500 nos of various indigenous fruit bearing plants viz; Jamun, Mango, Jackfruit, Amla, Sitaphal, Guava and Lemon were planted based on this model on an approx. area of land of 500 sqm.
BHEL has also used its scrap bushings for installation of street lights in Jhansi Unit
- Instrumentation Limited has carried out activities of tree plantation, making Robot from Scrap, Yoga Session etc:
- Hindustan Machine Tools Limited partnered with the Rainbow Home Orphanage in Bengaluru. Children from the orphanage were provided with awareness on dental health, and dental kits were distributed.Additionally, a free dental check-up was conducted for children aged 7 to 14 years by the dentists and health check-up for staff of HMT Hospital, Bengaluru.
- Dr ManjuBaghel, Independent Director, Cement Corporation of India(CCI) planted saplings and participated in the cleanliness drive contributing to the vision of Garbage Free India. Dr.RavindraShivshankarArali, Independent Director, CCI organized a free Health Check-up and Blood Donation Camp in Maharashtra keeping in view, the health and sanitation of people in the state of Maharashtra.
- Andrew Yule & Company Limited has undertaken several initiatives such as tree plantation drive, rally by the employees of MIM Tea Estate on #FitIndia and #Anti-Tobacco awareness topics etc.
- Hindustan Salts Limited has undertaken a drive for tree plantation by the employees at Gujarat unit, in which a large number of saplings were planted, mostly shade trees.