NITI Aayog and the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MOEFCC), in partnership with the United Nations, World Resources Institute, Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC) and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), are inviting ideas from across the world for one of the following, or related, areas:
- Behaviour-change solutions aimed at individuals, households and communities to drive climate-friendly behaviours in sectors, including:
- International, national and/or local best practices that can be feasibly scaled-up for driving behaviour change related to climate action.
- Innovative solutions that promote wider adoption of traditional, climate-friendly practices and/or create livelihood options for communities that may lose their jobs with a shift towards climate-friendly production.
Individuals, universities, think tanks, non-profits and others worldwide are invited to submit measurable and scalable behavior change solutions that can drive climate-friendly behaviors among individuals, communities and organisations.
Authors of the accepted ideas will be invited to present their work during an international conference in India (the details of the conference will be announced at a later stage).
Participants are strongly encouraged to submit empirically informed and measurable ideas that can offer implementable solutions while having the potential to be published in reputed academic journals.
Applications open on 5 June 2022, 12:01 AM IST, and close on 31 December 2022, 11:59 PM IST.
Authors of the top 5 ideas will each be awarded with:
- UN Global LiFE Ambassador award at COP 27 by UNFCC
- Grant of USD 25,000 each for piloting and testing in select districts
- Presentation to Hon’ble PM in LiFE Global Conference in India
- End-to-end implementation support from MoEFCC to scale the idea(s) towards moving climate indicators
Top 100 ideas will additionally be collated into a “Behavior Change for Climate Action” repository and disseminated globally.
Link to Submit Ideas and Paper, and Further information about LiFE can be found here.