Advisory Council for Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC) Is Formed
ONDC is expected to digitize the entire value chain, standardize operations, promote inclusion of suppliers, derive efficiencies in logistics and enhance value for consumers.
Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry has initiated a project on Open Network for Digital Commerce (ONDC). The task has been assigned to the Quality Council of India (QCI). ONDC aims at promoting open networks developed on open-sourced methodology, using open specifications and open network protocols independent of any specific platform. ONDC is expected to digitize the entire value chain, standardize operations, promote inclusion of suppliers, derive efficiencies in logistics and enhance value for consumers.
An advisory council has been constituted to advise the Government on measures needed to design and accelerate the adoption of ONDC. The members of the Advisory Council will be:
- Shri R.S. Sharma, CEO, National Health Authority
- Shri Nandan M. Nilekani, non-executive Chairman of Infosys
- Shri Adil Zainulbhai, Chairman, QCI and Capacity Building Commission
- Ms Anjali Bansal, Founder & Chairperson, Avaana Capital
- Shri Arvind Gupta, Co-founder & Head, Digital India Foundation
- Shri Dilip Asbe, MD & CEO, NPCI
- Shri Suresh Sethi, MD & CEO, NSDL
- Shri Praveen Khandelwal, Secretary-General, CAIT
- Shri Kumar Rajagopalan, CEO, RAI
Additional Secretary (ITeC), DPIIT shall be the cove nor of the Advisory Council.