The Digital India Awards have been instituted under the ambit of the National Portal of India (india.gov.in) by National Informatics Centre, MeitY, to promote exemplary initiatives in e-governance using the medium of World Wide Web.
Hon’ble Minister of Electronics&IT, Law & Justice Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad conferred “Digital India Awards 2018” in an exclusive ceremony.
Besides conferring the Digital India Awards, the series of releases for enriching the Digital India vision also took place:
- Digital India Coffee Table Book – “Towards a New India, Transforming Digital Dream to Reality”
- Digital India Awards Compendium – A compilation of the exemplary digital initiatives that have been awarded in each of the eight categories for the platinum, gold and silver awards. The compendium also carries a mention of Jury Choice and Special Mention awards.
- STQC Accessibility Certification Scheme- A scheme to assess and certify websites that migrate to S3WaaS (Secure, Scalable & Sugamya websites) for web content accessibility.
- Unified Messaging Platform- A platform released by MeitY for secure and efficient Government communications and NIC is the implementing agency for this large deployment. Email and messaging are the backbone of e-governance.
- Public DNS (Domain Name System) Service- A service being implemented by MeitY and configuration setup to be done by NIC for offering to all citizens
- Cyber Crisis Management Plan 2019 (CCMP) and Guidance Framework for the CCMP- A framework document for countering Cyber Attacks and Cyber Terrorism and dealing with cyber-related incidents.
With the ever increasing reach of internet, innovative uses of various emerging digital technologies& availability of a plethora of affordable ways to access the World Wide Web, the government webspace can now be accessed by citizens of India, of all ages & abilitiesacross the nation, Rural and Urban alike.
This naturally raises the expectation from Government websites and portals for solutions to existential challenges, including enhanced accessibility and citizen centricity to facilitate INCLUSIVE ACCESS to government information & services.
A number of initiatives have been taken to meet citizen expectations at various levels in the government including formulating policies and executing plans to use technology for benefiting citizens.Digital India Awards would further strengthen these initiatives.
35awards were conferred to teams and individuals in the following categories:
- Web Ratna – Ministry/Department
- Exemplary Online Service
- Best Mobile App
- Emerging Technology
- Open Data Champion
- Web Ratna – State/UT
- Web Ratna – District
- Outstanding Digital initiative by Local body
- Jury Choice Awards
- Special Mention Awards
Digital India Awards shall go a long way in creating a healthy competition forhigh quality, innovative, universally Accessible & Inclusive Presence of Indian Government in Cyber Space.
List of Winners
|Web Ratna – MINISTRY / DEPT||Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises||Department of Financial Services||Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports|
|Exemplary Online Service||Government e-Marketplace||Central Board of Secondary Education||Goods and Services Tax|
|Best Mobile App||eCourts Services||ePathshala|
|Emerging Technology||Rajkot Eyeway Project||Blockchain Implementation in Land Records, Andhra Pradesh||Crop Area Estimation and Loss Assessment for the State of Gujarat|
|Open Data Champion||Marketing Research and Information Network (AGMARKNET)|
|Web Ratna – STATE / UT||Tripura||Himachal Pradesh||Kerala|
|Web Ratna – District||Kurukshetra|
|Outstanding Digital initiative by Local body||Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation||Municipal Corporation, Gurugram||Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai|
|• MCA21 Application (Ministry of Corporate Affairs)|
• UMANG – Mobile App