Infosys Finacle to Empower the Operations of Housing Bank Algeria
The Housing Bank, one of the most respected banks in the Middle East, and Infosys Finacle, announced the selection of the Finacle suite of solutions to power the bank’s operations in Algeria.
The Housing Bank has chosen to deploy the Finacle Core Banking, Trade Finance and Internet Banking solutions and will also deploy the Finacle Islamic Banking solution for its Shariah banking product. The Finacle Analytics solution will enable the bank to offer targeted and customized offerings to its customers. With Finacle, the Housing Bank Algeria will not only achieve a significant jump in operational efficiencies, but will also accelerate growth, manage scale and drive innovation, thereby providing superior value to its customers.
Sanat Rao, Chief Business Officer and Global Head, Infosys Finacle says, “A truly digital transformation of banking operations is today no longer a matter of choice, but a necessary requirement for success. With the adoption of the Finacle solution suite, the Housing Bank Algeria is among the select few banks in the MENA region with a proven technology platform to deliver a digital age banking experience to its customers. Building on our current partnerships in Jordan and Algeria, Finacle is well poised to help the bank extend this success across its other regional entities for accelerating growth and profitability.”
Houcine Hannachi, General Manager, Housing Bank Algeria stated, “As a private bank in the Algerian market, we are continuously looking to offer our customers with new products and services. We recognize today’s challenges and competition. Our strategy is to benefit from information technology evolvement by empowering and complementing the bank’s business, sales and marketing. We believe that these Finacle Solutions will support us in our mission and help us enhance our customer’s banking experience, and above all inspire us to innovate.”
- The solutions will help the bank eliminate various manual processes, enhance productivity, reduce errors and ensure 24X7 availability
- It will help the bank automate processes and better manage real-time data with respect to its NPA (non-performing assets)
- The solutions’ componentized, service oriented architecture will allow the bank to expose granular business functionality as services, thereby enabling enhanced collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- With the in-built product factory capability, supported by actionable insights from the analytics capability, the bank will be able to create and launch products easily with swift go-to-market
- Due to Finacle’s multi-entity capability, the need to install an instance on every bank system will no longer be required, making activities such as patch deployment, new branch, counter extension – direct and easy
- The bank’s ATM operations will now be always online, overcoming risks and service limitations such as low withdrawal limits