PayU announced the appointment of five new leaders joining the company. These leaders, joining across different verticals, will contribute towards the company’s growth journey and ensure PayU continues to respond to the fast-changing needs of the merchants and consumers.
Speaking on the expansion of the leadership team within the company, Anirban Mukherjee, CEO, PayU India said, “PayU, in its next phase of growth, is working towards creating a full regional fintech ecosystem through innovations focussed on payments, credit, and fintech investments in the region. In line with this vision, we are expanding our India leadership team starting with these appointments. We have on-boarded a strong group of leaders- each contributing the essential capabilities in their individual area of responsibility. These appointments set us up to deliver even further on stellar payments experience that meet the demands of a changing market that is rich with opportunity.”
“India is the largest market for PayU and we are witnessing an unprecedented growth in this region. We will continue to fortify our team with leaders that bring deeper knowledge and wider expertise as we transform our business for the future.” he further added.
The new leaders joining the PayU team include:
- Alim Khan, Senior VP, Compulsive Business – He will lead PayU’s efforts in strengthening and scaling the government business vertical. Prior to joining PayU, Alim led the Government business practice at BillDesk where he worked with various governments in states and centre. His projects have secured several awards for various governments, one of the most notable being a mission mode project that was delivered for the West Bengal government, where they partnered with the government in delivering a single window service delivery platform for entrepreneurs. This project won a gold medal for e-governance for the state.
- Noopur Chaturvedi, Country Head – Small & Medium Businesses –- She will be looking after the strategic growth and expansion of this vertical, which caters to the evolving payment and lending needs of small and mid-sized enterprises. She joins PayU from Airtel Payments Bank where she was part of the executive committee, leading the corporate business and alliance vertical. Prior to this, she has worked with Citibank, ING and Samsung and brings to PayU her rich experience across payments, lending, sales, product management and business creation.
- Ashish Pathak, Head of Legal and Compliance – He will be making sure that the company is conducting its business in full compliance with all regulations in the fintech space. Previously working with ICICI Bank as senior group head and joint general manager, Ashish is a senior business lawyer with 18 years of professional experience across corporate, commercial, regulatory and litigation work having national, offshore and cross border dimensions.
- Ashish Chattoraj, HR Head for PayU India – He will be establishing and implementing plans for acquiring, developing and retaining talented employees apart from managing performance. His immediate priorities will be co-creating and nurturing a cohesive PayU culture for the way forward. A seasoned HR professional with 17 + years of industry experience, he is a management graduate from XISS Ranchi. His professional journey has seen many global roles and responsibilities including leadership positions in various HR functional domains across geographies.
- Priya Cherian, Global HR Head for credit business – She will be working towards aligning on the growth strategy for the credit business and strengthening the credit team across multiple geographies. She will also strengthen and enrich the India credit team in order to ensure continuous growth of PayU’s credit business within the country. Her role will also include building the AI and data science Hub in India. She has had in depth experience across all facets of HR functions across multiple cultures and organizations. Previously working with Alibaba as the head for APAC and Middle East operations, she has experience of working across varied organizations which include multi-national companies and Indian start-ups.
With an expansion in the leadership team across various practices, PayU India plans to steer on its growth journey. The company will leverage the experience and expertise of these leaders to further upscale its business and continue to innovate products and services based on advanced technology.