The University of Lincoln, in collaboration with the British Council India, is thrilled to announce a transformative panel talk focused on "Creating Employable Graduates: A Sector Panel Talk on Developing Graduates for the Future." The event will take place on Tuesday, 17th October, 2023 at British Council, New Delhi. This event is poised to be a significant platform for discussing the evolving landscape of higher education and graduate employability.
The objective is to bring together luminaries from both industry and academia to explore strategies for developing graduates with the skills and knowledge needed to excel in an ever-changing job market. The University of Lincoln, in partnership with the British Council India, is convening a prestigious panel talk.
A statement from Neal Juster, VC, University of Lincoln: "I am excited to visit India, engage with key stakeholders and discuss collaborations between UK universities, including the University of Lincoln, and Indian institutions in education, knowledge exchange and research. I am eager to join an Industry Panel discussion on graduate employability and how our university prepares students for a changing future. With a growing number of Indian students at the University of Lincoln in the past three years, this visit is a chance to outline our future ambitions."
The discussion topics for the event include - Life after Graduation: what are the challenges graduates face and what are the solutions, Employability: Expectations and opportunities and Futureproofing graduates: Developing skillsets for the 21st century Collaboration: What can we learn from Indian Higher Education Institutions?
· Co-Chairperson: Professor Neal Juster - Professor Neal Juster holds a BSc in Mechanical Engineering and a PhD in Computer Aided Design from the University of Leeds.
· Co-Chairperson: Alison Barrett, MBE - Alison Barrett MBE leads the British Council's India operations in English, Education and Arts, with a strong commitment to enhancing educational and cultural ties between India and the UK.
· Panelist Prof. (Dr.) Gurinder Singh, Group Vice-Chancellor, Amity Universities – Professor Dr. Gurinder has an extensive experience of more than 25 years in Institutional Building, Teaching, Consultancy, Research & Industry.
· Panelist Deeksha Teri, Senior Sub-Editor, Indian Express - Deeksha Teri, a University of Lincoln alumna, completed her MA in Journalism in 2019 and has honed her skills at The Indian Express (digital).
· Panelist Ashish Dwivedi, Ex-CBO, Safexpay | Ex- VP, Payment Gateway Business@Paytm - Ashish is a seasoned leader across the payment gateway industry, with nearly 20 years of comprehensive experience in the industry.
· Panelist Ashok Anantharaman, Chief Operating Officer (COO), ACE- Agriculture division - Ashok is an accomplished business professional nearly 36 years of comprehensive experience in companies such as Eicher, General Motors, Escorts, New Holland.
· Kapil Dua, CEO and Co-founder, SannamS4 - Kapil comes with over 20 years of experience in designing and executing Market Entry Strategies in Asia Pacific, and of advocating more than 400 international clients.