The new year is almost upon us and what better way to start 2022 than with a good old-fashioned Closet Clear Out, while also doing your little bit for charity. Thrift for Good, one of Dubai’s most popular charity stores, is always on the lookout for new clothing, accessories and books that it can sell in its two stores, located on Palm Jumeirah and Times Square Centre.
Why not make one of your new year’s resolutions to edit your wardrobe, pulling out the pieces that you no longer wear while making space for new, classic pieces to complement your personal style goals for the new year ahead?
Here are a few of our top tips for editing your wardrobe:
- Don’t underestimate the power of the one-year rule – if you haven’t worn an item of clothing for the past 12 months, then chances are you never will, so pop this in the donation bag
- If you’re unsure, try it on! If there is an item that you are unsure about, try it on and ask yourself these three questions:
o Do I feel confident in this?
o Does it fit properly?
o If not, is there anything I can do about this in the future?
If not, pop it in the Thrift For Good bag
- If you struggle to part with your possessions, invite a ruthless friend round to help
- Invest in slimline velvet hangers to allow for as much space as possible in your wardrobe
- Organise your closet by category and then by colour
- Edit your wardrobe annually to not only help you to clear out items that you no longer wear, but also to help you curate the image of yourself that is constantly evolving and growing
Thrift for Good has two beautiful stores, located in the Palm Jumeriah’s Golden Mile and Times Square Center and donates 100% of its profits to children’s charity projects around the world in partnership with Gulf for Good.