At Hannover Messe 2019, Dassault Systèmes will demonstrate how industrial companies can transform every aspect of their business by using a platform approach to deliver digital continuity across the value chain. This enables them to connect value, achieve sustainable excellence, and empower their workforce.
At booth K30 in hall 6, Dassault Systèmes in collaboration with ABB will present 10 experiences dedicated to digital solutions in engineering, factory automation and robotics that enhance the competitiveness of industrial companies while increasing their overall efficiency, flexibility and sustainability. The experiences focus on an ABB robot cell in the context of an industrial equipment manufacturer’s engineering office, a tier one supplier’s plant operations, and the shop floor. They detail the value of using a digital twin created with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform and data analytics to connect virtual design and validation with real manufacturing operations:
- Robot Design and Validation: leveraging data on issues and equipment health monitoring from a production site for patent analysis, mechanical design improvement and component validation
- Cell Design and Validation: defining control architecture, managing equipment configuration, and integrating current data from legacy applications
- Advanced Simulation: simulating, testing and predicting product performance during the engineering and design process to improve product development time and quality
- Model-based Manufacturing: modelling manufacturing assets, products and processes to reduce cost and time and increase flexibility and efficiency
- Virtual Commissioning: simulating complex production processes in their industrial context and analyzing consequences of decisions, to identify and avoid problems early on
- Manufacturing Operations Management: digitally connecting process participants to gain visibility, control and synchronization of manufacturing operations and supply chain processes
- Quality Management: simplifying and optimizing quality processes using augmented reality to guide quality inspection
- Planning and Optimization: using a holistic view of the supply chain to quickly react to issues and rebalance
- Industrial IoT and Manufacturing Analytics: using data generated by connected devices during manufacturing, maintenance and service to optimize internal processes and increase machine efficiency
- Lean Management: extending digital continuity to the shop floor to connect people and provide them with information and apps to excel in their individual tasks
In parallel, the booth will feature a live demonstration of the connected ABB robot performing simulated welding operations on a structural part, and AR-assisted quality inspections.