Giving an status update on the technology and innovation, Minister of Commerce and Industry, Piyush Goyal, in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha informed this complete set of information. He wrote, a Service Level Agreement (SLA) has been signed between Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India and World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), Geneva for establishing Technology and Innovation Support Centre (TISC) network in India on 3rd May, 2017. The creation and expansion of TISC network is aligned to the vision statement of National IPR Policy, 2016. The mandate of a TISC includes:
- Creating awareness & capacity building on IPRs
- Providing search facility to inventors
- Providing practical training and tools for the staff
- Conducting IP training programs
- IP asset management, assistance in commercialization and strengthening Technology Transfer Offices.
Six TISCs have been established and nine more TISCs have been approved.