The Council for Higher Education in Israel and the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities are pleased to announce the sixth call of the Excellence Fellowship Program in Israel for outstanding international Postdoctoral researchers. The program signifies Israel’s commitment to the promotion of international scientific collaborations and to the advancement of world-class research. Through this initiative, Israel offers top recent PhD graduates in various academic disciplines, the opportunity to conduct cutting-edge research in Israel with leading scientists and scholars in their field.
- Postdoctoral fellows in the program will have the opportunity to engage in innovative research in one of Israel’s globally recognized universities, to actively collaborate with their supervisors, and to cultivate their academic skills in a vibrant and challenging entrepreneurial environment.
- A maximum of twenty fellowships will be provided to incoming post-doctorates conducting research in one of Israel universities; fellowships will be allocated in Science Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), Humanities and the Social Science. The fellowships will be awarded for two years for the amount of approximately $45,000 per year.
- Fellows will participate in various activities, such as day trips, seminars, workshops and social events during the course of the fellowship. These activities will foster an exploration, enabling participants to connect with peers as well as with Israeli academia and Israeli society.
To be considered for the fellowship program applicants must be:
- The student having a PhD degree less than 4 years from the time of application,or will receive it prior to the commencement of the fellowship from a recognized higher education institution outside of Israel.
- Candidates are required to have been accepted to a post-doctoral position under the supervision of a faculty member at one of the Israeli universities.
- Candidates are required to have the commitment of the university to provide the required financial contribution for the fellowship: At least 25% of the $45,000 ($ 11300 per year) in the Humanities and the Social Sciences, and at least 50% ($22500 per year) in the fields of STEM.
Application form along with other required documents must be submitted in one PDF file by October 1, 2022 to Mrs Batsheva Shor, the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, at ForeignPostdoc@academy.ac.il
Interested candidates should submit their applications directly to the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities.
A committee comprising members of the Israel Academy of Science and the Humanities, the Israel Young Academy, and leading scholars and scientists in Israeli academia, will select the fellows based on academic and research excellence. Awardees will be notified by January 15, 2023
Students can visit the Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities’ website for more information on the call for proposals and the application form – www.academy.ac.il/RichText/GeneralPage.aspx?nodeId=1251&utm_source=facebook,+twitter,+linkedin