Fujitsu Launches New Platform to Support Web3 Developers Globally
The new platform will connect users to Fujitsu's existing suite of Computing as a Service (CaaS)(1) applications, including 'CaaS HPC' and 'CaaS Digital Annealer', as well as the 'Fujitsu Computing as a Service Data e-TRUST' (Data e-TRUST)(2) module.
Fujitsu announced the launch of its ‘Fujitsu Web3 Acceleration Platform,’ offering a developmental environment as well as various service APIs based on blockchain and high-performance computing technologies. Fujitsu envisions the platform as a future community for users in start-ups, partner companies, and universities working to build the next generation of Web3 applications and services.
The new platform will connect users to Fujitsu’s existing suite of Computing as a Service (CaaS)(1) applications, including ‘CaaS HPC’ and ‘CaaS Digital Annealer’, as well as the ‘Fujitsu Computing as a Service Data e-TRUST’ (Data e-TRUST)(2) module. Data e-Trust leverages Fujitsu’s ‘IDentitY eXchange’ (IDYX)(3) and ‘Chain Data Lineage'(4) technologies for ensuring the authenticity of transactions and secure data distribution and utilization between different systems and services with blockchain and other data verification tools. Moving forward, Fujitsu also plans additional technology modules for the platform, including its transparent trust transfer technology(5) and ‘ConnectionChain'(6) technology.
Fujitsu will provide access to the platform free of charge to select participants of its global partner program, ‘Fujitsu Accelerator Program for CaaS'(7) to drive co-creation of new Web3 services. Program partners will be able to begin to use the platform in Japan from March 2023, with availability step-by-step expanding to partners globally starting in fiscal 2023.
The platform will contribute to the realization of a rich ecosystem that empowers users to create new applications for Web3, allowing for new ways to interact, create, and share data freely and securely for use cases including digital content rights management, contracts, business transactions and processes.
Under its vision for Fujitsu Uvance to achieve a sustainable world, Fujitsu ultimately aims to offer a Web3 platform that allows companies and individual users to connect to co-create transformational, value-added solutions to a variety of issues facing society.
Services and Technologies
In addition to blockchain and verification technologies offered through ‘Data e-TRUST,’ the new platform will provide users access to Fujitsu’s world-leading, advanced computing technologies and applications including ‘Fujitsu Computing as a Service HPC’ and ‘Fujitsu Computing as a Service Digital Annealer’ for developing and running simulations, AI and combinatorial optimization applications. These technologies will allow users to analyze and evaluate multiple scenarios for formulating solutions to various societal issues based on data that ensures trust.
Moving forward, Fujitsu will step-by-step provide further prototype functions for Web3 leveraging Fujitsu’s transparent trust-ensuring technology and ‘ConnectionChain’ technology for co-creation partners via CaaS.
Creating new business through co-creation with the Fujitsu Web3 Acceleration Platform
Fujitsu will provide a portal site and development environment to support co-development activities and the development of new Web3 applications and services, and to test and practice the value these new Web3 applications and services offer. Fujitsu and its co-creation partners will examine use cases, develop prototypes, and conduct PoC trials aimed at creating new business related to the following three key themes of Web3:
1. Realization of a co-creation society through decentralized autonomous organizations (DAO)
– Trial development and implementation of new Web3 services in which projects are organized and promoted through autonomous consensus among participants according to various objectives
– Visualization of participants activities and value they created to appropriately distribute gained profits according to individual contribution
2. Rights management and utilization of digital content
– Development and implementation of new Web3 services for distribution of digital content including images and videos to protect copyrights and guarantee authenticity of digital data
– Supporting the creation of various contents based on secondary work and reused work that can be freely distributed by providing a system that guarantees copy rights and legitimate compensation of creators
3. Realization of digital trust
– Test development and implementation of new Web3 services to ensure the accuracy and reliability of information by avoiding risks such as leakage of personal information and fraudulent transactions in order to enable more flexible and open communication and use of information
– Realization of a new social paradigm in which companies and individual users can connect securely by preventing digital fraud and ensuring authenticity in all transactions and sharing of data knowledge
As Fujitsu expands services and functionality for its new Web3 platform from March 2023, it further plans to hold a global planning and development contest to build and implement DAO communities and create new Web3 services.