Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao called it balanced with all segments being duly taken care of. The major focus was on agriculture with the government unveiling a Rs 8,000 per acre investment support scheme and a Rs 5 lakh insurance cover for farmers.
Telangana budget was presented today. Lauding the Rs 1,74,453.84 crore budget for 2018-19, Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao called it balanced with all segments being duly taken care of. The major focus was on agriculture with the government unveiling a Rs 8,000 per acre investment support scheme and a Rs 5 lakh insurance cover for farmers. Another related area to agriculture that got special attention was irrigation. State Finance Minister E Rajender presented the budget in the assembly.
Here are the Telangana budget 2018 highlights:
1. Total expenditure in 2018-19 is Rs 1,74,453.84 crore. Of this, revenue expenditure is Rs 1,25,454.70 crore and capital expenditure is Rs 33,369.10 crore
2. Telangana revenue is expected to touch Rs 73,751 crore in the current financial year
3. Agriculture allocations in the budget was Rs 12,000 crore for the Investment Support Scheme.
4. Investment support of Rs 4,000 per acre per crop for two crops would be provided to farmers from 2018-19 onwards under the scheme.
6. Rs 522 crore allocated for promotion of farm mechanisation, Rs 127 crore for promotion of micro-irrigation.
7. Rs 15,788 crore has been proposed for agriculture and marketing sectors.
8. An amount of Rs 25,000 crore has been allocated to the irrigation sector.
9. Government is spending Rs 5,300 crore per year on social security pensions to the aged, widows, toddy tappers, and weavers, among others (41,78,291 persons).
10. Rs 1,450 crore spend proposed towards ‘Kalyana Lakshmi‘ and ‘Shaadi Mubarak’ schemes (financial assistance to women for marriage).
11. Rs 16,453 crore allocated to SC Special Development Fund (SDF) and Rs 9,693 crore to ST SDF in 2018-19.
12. Rs 12,709 crore has been proposed for the Scheduled Caste Development department. For Tribal Welfare department, an amount of Rs 8,063 crore has been proposed.