In it’s bid to highlight on-ground issues of MSME entrepreneurs from the North Eastern states, Ministry of MSME is aggressively working towards compiling a detailed report. Additional Secretary, Development Commissioner, Ministry of MSME, Ram Mohan Mishra has asked for information from various stakeholders with regard to MSMEs of Eastern & North Eastern region in order to prepare a detailed report.
The Ministry has sought a report from MSME members from Eastern & North Eastern region with following information:
- Aggregate demand of testing and calibration by MSMEs
- Testing services requirement of MSMEs for which they had to go outside state
- List of products manufactured by MSMEs which are non-standardized and needs to be standardized
- PPP model for skill development in testing and calibration field and testing of products and support from your association
- Other inputs for quality up-gradation of MSME’s products
There is a huge potential of North East based MSMEs. Their issues are sometimes unique and must get understood in order to formulate a solution around them. The MSME Ministry is showing keen interest to understand these issues and hence have invited all stakeholders to share their views on their issues and their unique capabilities.
Communicating the message from Mr. Mishra, who recently visited Kolkatta, Director In-charge of MSME, testing centre, Kolkata in a notification said “Additional Secretary (MSME) asked for information from MSME members to prepare a report on market analysis, standards requirements, up-gradation of testing/ calibration & skill development facilities for providing services to MSMEs & others.”
Requesting the members to submit the information within a week, Federation of Small and Medium Industries, West Bengal (FOSMI) said, “Kindly provide us the required input/information so that a collated information can be sent to the department immediately.”