The Ministry of Textiles proposes to organize Pan India camps in handlooms and handicrafts clusters, under the initiative “Hastkala Sahyog Shivir”. The camps will be organized during 7th October to 17th October, 2017. This initiative is dedicated to Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay Garib Kalyan Varsh, the birth centenary year of Pandit Deendayal Upadhayay.
The following services will be provided to the weavers and artisans in these camps:
- a)Issuance of credit facilities through MUDRA scheme
- b)Assistance for technological upgradation under Hathkargha Samvardhan Sahayata
- c)Distribution of modern tool kits and equipments
- d)Issuance of Yarn Pass Book
- e)Enrollment under IGNOU/NIOS courses
- f)Access to Common Service Centre facilities
- g)Buyer-seller meets and expos
It is proposed to organize the camps in more than 200 handloom Block Level Clusters & Weavers’ Service Centres and more than 200 handicraft clusters in collaboration with State Governments.